3 Tips to Do Now To Solidify Your Personal Brand
A new year, a more socially branded you. Solidifying your social brand will be the biggest driver of your personal brand and your job search for 2014.
Being socially savvy used to be optional to your personal branding success, now it is imperative. If a few or your employees are a little behind the times, get them professionally trained, every employee has the potential to become a brand ambassador. Companies are realizing they are losing the war against restricting access to social media sites within the workplace. While they can restrict it within the corporate systems, they cannot prevent people from using their mobile devices.
Personal online management is a must. We research products online before purchase, check out the attendees before attending a conference. So it’s a guarantee that colleagues and or recruiters will check out your LinkedIn profile, scour your Facebook page and twitter timelines before meeting you.
1) Check out these tips on optimizing and branding your LinkedIn profile, like using LinkedIn’s search tool to help you come up with a list of keywords and phrases to include in your profile that will get you found by hiring managers.
2) Everyone now has an online footprint and that also goes for your potential new employer. There are a few tricks to Finding Information on Your Next Employer. Including what signs to lookout for, like how long have employees remained within the same company?
3) Lastly, ensure your resume is search friendly. Many companies have a candidate database or an ATS system. If your resume fail to have any of the keywords hiring managers use to search for candidates, it will not be seen. See if your resume passes the 30 second resume test. Your resume is a big part of your brand and a sales pitch tool, learning how to communicate effectively and clearly on your resume is crucial.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Goldbeck Recruiting Inc. Announces The Launch of its “Money-Back Pledge” - December 5, 2018
- Big Opportunities in Big Pharma? - November 16, 2018
- The USMCA Replaces NAFTA: a look at the top stories - October 1, 2018