5 Ways to Annoy Recruiters: How to Make Sure Recruiters NEVER Call You Again
Based on real events. Every job that has to deal with the masses has it’s challenges. Here are a few examples on how to get on my blacklist.
- Be Egotistical. Continually tell them why you are a “perfect fit” for the position. Their rejections show their lack of knowledge and it is up to you to teach them. “Constructively” critique them and make sure they understand what they are missing out. Expressing emotions using colorful language will go a long way to ensure they truly understand how you feel.
- Be Loud and Proud. Recruiters receive hundreds of resumes and, in order to stand out, you have got to be loud. Do so by constantly calling, emailing and stalking them on their social networks. Not only will that put you ahead of all the other applicants but, it will show them that you don’t give up easily.
- Make Cold Calls. Do call the recruitment office and ask for a random recruiter who will listen to you whine about how you can’t find a job. If that recruiter doesn’t want to listen, ask to be forwarded to all of his/ her co-workers. Be sure to leave voicemail messages.
- Don’t be Monogamous. Feel free to work with as many recruiters as possible. This will only increase the chances of landing a job. If a recruiter gets kicked in the process, remember the end justify the mean.
- Play a Game (just not theirs). The best method to find out your professional worth is to find out how much companies will be willing to offer you. It doesn’t matter if you are not interested in the job. Use this opportunity for practice and leverage. Go as far as you can in the interview process, when you receive an offer, back out. Hey, you got what you needed. You can even present the offer to your current employer and they will match that offer.
The following two tabs change content below.
Henry E. Goldbeck, President and founder of Goldbeck Recruiting Inc, is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) with over 24 years recruiting experience. In his 13 years at the helm of Goldbeck Recruiting, Henry has built the company's reputation as a leading headhunter and recruitment agency in sales, marketing, operations, engineering, and executive level positions across a variety of industries.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Goldbeck Recruiting Inc. Announces The Launch of its “Money-Back Pledge” - December 5, 2018
- Big Opportunities in Big Pharma? - November 16, 2018
- The USMCA Replaces NAFTA: a look at the top stories - October 1, 2018