Breaking Into the Pharmaecutical Industry
Breaking into the pharmaceutical or medical industries as an experienced sales professional from an unrelated industry can be extremely challenging. In our experience these industries either hire recent university graduates, medical professionals making a transition into sales or experienced reps from within the industry.
Medical device sales can be somewhat easier but not much. What you would need to do, in my opinion, is somehow gain credibility as someone already knowledgeable in the field
through non-fulltime work activities and credentials. This would require quite a lot of dedication and effort.
Here are some possible ideas in that direction:
- Subscribe to industry journals, read everything you can about the industry and the companies in it on line on a regular basis
- Join associations and volunteer
You could also look at where your experience in your current industry intersects with the pharmaceutical or medical industry. Look for a sales position for a product that you have experience with that would be selling to the medical industry.
I also saw this online. Maybe I am a dummy and it is this easy.
“3 Days To a Pharmaceutical Sales Job Interview, 2008, 5th Edition by Lisa Lane, Award -Winning author and pharma sales consultant”
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Workplace Games: Gamification Nets Results for HR - March 15, 2019
- Visa Finagling: Why US Based Foreign Workers are Choosing Canada - March 7, 2019
- USMCA – What Does It Mean for Canadian Firms and Professionals? - February 7, 2019