Bringing A Sense of Adventure Back Into Your Work
Every year right before school starts, I get school days nostalgia, especially, when I’m being inundated with back to school ads and news segments. Then immediately after, I get a feeling of grief when I remember summer is almost over.
The last days of summer used to be filled with eager anticipation. That perhaps there were new friends to be made, new teachers to annoy and, most definitely new adventures to be had.
What could be better than a fresh coil notebook (in my days) or a newly unwrapped iPad waiting to be customized? It fills me with a sense of adventure, like the unmarked notebook represents a fresh start. I miss that feeling.
Why do kids get to have all the fun?
I am making a personal mission to get that sense of adventure back.
My Back to Work list:
- Buy a new notebook and promptly name it “Caroline’s New Adventure”
- Register for a course that will enhance my talent
- Meet and connect with at least 5 inspiring people. It doesn’t have to be work related. It could be people who will inspire me to volunteer. I have spent years building my professional network and one day, while I was at a professional conference having a unrelated personal conversation it dawned on me, I can be inspired by people from all backgrounds, why limit myself.
What will be on your Back to Work List?
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Seminar: Women in PR - March 7, 2018
- Hiring Employees as Contractors - March 6, 2018
- How to win the talent war in the Engineering sector - March 1, 2018