A Compilation of Cringe-Worthy Job Applications
In the spirit of Halloween I’ve compiled a few cringe worthy job applications we have received at Goldbeck. Happy Halloween!
- I received a photo of an obviously inebriated and not very awake candidate and his wife at their wedding reception. It was in an envelope with a resume and confetti. It must have seemed like an excellent idea at the time. Why is it that it is mostly men that are the main players in these stories? Well women are not totally without representation here.
- A candidate in our office was being interviewed when his wife stormed into the office and carrying the couple’s young baby. She demanded to see her husband and, even after being told that he was in an interview, barged into the interview room, thrust the baby into her husband’s arms and charged out. The husband apologized and did his best to complete the interview, for which he should be given full marks. Unfortunately, the crazy spouse scene frightened our client.
- A candidate was voicemail stocking a recruiter. She left a minimum 10 minute long voicemail with a dedicated love letter and an invitation to tea, followed-up with an email to a link with her pretending to interview someone under a burka. She might have been applying for a HR position.
- I once had a candidate send me a colour photo of his wife in a bikini with an explanation that he must be a great guy to have married such an attractive woman. I declined to interview him. Looking back, perhaps I should have had more confidence on my ability to convince my client, to hire the fellow on the grounds that he had a hot wife.
The following two tabs change content below.
Henry E. Goldbeck, President of Goldbeck Recruiting Inc, is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) and founded Goldbeck Recruiting in 1997. Since then, Henry has built the company's reputation as a leading headhunter and recruitment agency in sales, marketing, operations, engineering, and executive level positions across a variety of industries.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Workplace Games: Gamification Nets Results for HR - March 15, 2019
- Visa Finagling: Why US Based Foreign Workers are Choosing Canada - March 7, 2019
- USMCA – What Does It Mean for Canadian Firms and Professionals? - February 7, 2019