CV Incites For Managers
Karen Epp, Senior Recruiter at Goldbeck Recruiting gives some insight for Managers on what to highlight on their resume.
1.) When someone is ready to take on a manager role, what should they highlight on their CV to catch an employers’ attention?
Show your Work progression
– Many people only show the last position they were in at a company. They may have been promoted or grew within the company from a junior role and because we only see the last job title we are unaware of the expanse of experience that they have had. Even if they are looking for a managerial role it is worthwhile to show your junior work experience. It tells us you are promotable, the junior experience can also be valuable as you move into managing and supervising other staff.
Highlight your Accomplishments
– Where did you add value, save costs or create inefficiencies. What sets you apart from others with the same skills set as yourself? It doesn’t matter if you are the junior in the office or a senior executive, examples of where you added value will set you apart. I suggest adding two to three accomplishments to every job listed on your resume. Even the junior roles where you may not give the list of duties but just the accomplishments.
Look like a Manager
– Create a professionally presented resume. Create a resume that speaks for itself. Looking at it we know you are management material. You have put thought into the layout, information and presentation. Direct the readers eye to the key information.
Make sure I can find you
– Some candidates are putting their contact information at the bottom of the page, or in tiny fonts.
Make finding you easy
– don’t forget your phone number and email contact info and I still feel at the top of the page is best. LinkedIn links are great as well. I wanted to call a candidate yesterday and she did not put her phone number on her resume. I only directly phone the top resumes that come in that are relevant for jobs that I am currently working on. I did email her but we have lost a day in this process.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- The USMCA Replaces NAFTA: a look at the top stories - October 1, 2018
- The Definitive List: Situations Where Businesses Turn To Recruiters - September 28, 2018
- Goldbeck Internship Interview: Janina Kirbach - September 13, 2018