If Dogs Were Sales People (Eight Possible Advantages)
Enthusiasm, energy, activity, people-skills, charm, persistence, dedication. Yep, it takes a special breed to be a great salesperson…
Maybe even a canine-type.
Imagine, for a moment, if dogs were sales people:
1. Dogs can’t be any worse at paperwork than your existing sales team.
2. You will never quarrel with them over commissions — they’ll be happy if you throw them a bone.
3. In fact, they’ll BEG you to throw them a bone.
4. They’re always ready to go out.
5. If you need to keep them on a leash, no problem. If you need to let them off, even better.
6. Dogs have mastered the art of the greeting. Is anyone more consistently delighted — as in, panting-quivering-tail-wagging-thrilled — to meet you?
7. They never tire of chasing their clients. Best. Game. Ever.
8. They will close EVERYTHING. Those puppy dog eyes — how could anyone say no?
Note 1: Prior to recruiting, I was in sales. (Also, yoga.)
Note 2: The photo is of my dog, Smokey, after a hard day of sales calls.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Seminar: Women in PR - March 7, 2018
- Hiring Employees as Contractors - March 6, 2018
- How to win the talent war in the Engineering sector - March 1, 2018