Helpful Tips For Stay-At-Home Mom’s Re-entering The Workplace
Posted on May 16th, by Jessica Miles in Interviewing Advice, Job Search. Comments Off on Helpful Tips For Stay-At-Home Mom’s Re-entering The Workplace
- Transparency – make it easy for potential employers to know that you were off work for parenting reasons. We all were brought into this world by our mom’s and employers should understand the realities of parenting.
- Confidence – maintain confidence that your skills do not lose their value even though you have been out of the “paid workforce”. Managing a household and kids is work after all.
- Honesty – be upfront with potential employers about what you are looking for in terms of a work/life balance. Honesty is always the best policy when job searching.
- Boost your skills – leverage your experience at home to further illustrate your remarkable skills and abilities. We often interviews moms who are amazing multi-taskers and contribute countless hours volunteering.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jessica Miles is one of our very successful Sales Recruiters here at Goldbeck Recruiting. She specializes in recruiting professionals for sales, sales management and marketing positions in the industrial, healthcare, commodity trading, financial and B2B sectors. Jessica has successfully filled very difficult searches for demanding clients across Canada, the USA, Europe and Asia. Jessica takes great pride in the time and effort she takes to understand her client’s requirements and then methodically and thoroughly scouring all passive and active candidates in the relevant labour markets. Like all of our recruiters at Goldbeck Recruiting, Jessica uses the most up-to-date digital candidate sourcing tools and methodology. This is combined with candidate evaluation techniques using precise matrix systems and thorough face-to-face interviews.
Latest posts by Jessica Miles (see all)
- Workplace Teamwork: Why, How and its Role in Retention - December 27, 2018
- Hazy Understanding: HR Implications of Legalized Cannabis in Canada - November 21, 2018
- As Canadian and Global Mining Indices Plummet, the Reaction from the Job Market - October 11, 2018