Are These Job Seekers Stupid or Lazy?
I can’t decide whether these job seekers are stupid or lazy or both?
As an employee at a recruitment firm, I get emails from job applicants. I don’t recruit, my name is NOT affiliated with any job opportunities on our website, nor do I pretend to hire for a position, yet I still get applications. I try my best to forward the resumes but, as of this week it I have 3580 emails from job seekers sitting in my inbox, waiting to be forwarded.
I am not going to lie, it’s not in my top 10 priorities.
So if you are serious about the job you are applying for, address it to the right person.
My second gripe, is if you are sending one line emails it will be added to the trash.
Any of these one-liners will do (Unedited emails from my inbox):
- “hello can i get help for getting job”
- “Plz find the enclosed file herewith – Thanx With Regards”
- “ I owuld like to know the best course which has good job prospects. Thank you plzz help”
If you can’t spot the problem then you need help. One of my “fingernail to the chalkboard” pet peeves about bad job seekers is the texting abbreviations. There is no character restrictions in an email, there is no need to abbreviate. Out of the two evils I much prefer spelling typo’s than the plz’s, xoxo’s, thx’s.
So please stop, take time your time and put a little effort into your job applications. I guarantee the results will be much better.
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Are You Feeling a Burn out at Work? - April 24, 2018
- What Does the Canada-Europe Free Trade Agreement Do for Canadian Businesses? - April 19, 2018
- Are you Changing HR Policies in the #metoo Era? - March 30, 2018