Survey Reveals Finance & Accounting Professionals are Most Satisfied with their Job
A recent Monster Workforce Talent survey of close to 6000 participants, revealed engineers and finance professionals were among the most satisfied with their current and future job prospects.
Within the finance & accounting industry, Accountants, Management Analysts and, Market Research Analysts rank as the top three jobs.
Over 80% of finance & accounting professionals expressed they were confident of their future job prospects. More so, nearly one half, 43% of respondents agrees there are more jobs openings now than a year ago and, 46% are willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Yet there are some challenges, 76% agree that it is more challenging to find a job now than it was a year ago due to the saturation of qualified finance candidates. Interestingly enough, 20% agree that employers are willing to provide higher compensation.
This is a warning sign for employers, “[they] need to be careful and not be penny wise and pound foolish,” said Jeffrey Quinn, Vice President of Monster’s Global Insights. “With 80% of Finance and Accounting employees positive about their prospects of finding a new job, and 80% believing compensation is not keeping up with this marketplace reality, employers need to strongly consider how to be competitive for the best talent.”
Top 10 Occupations:
2. Management Analysts
3. Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
4. Human Resources Specialists
5. Loan Officers
6. Training and Development Specialists
7. Financial Analysts
9. Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
10. Personal Financial Advisors
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- The USMCA Replaces NAFTA: a look at the top stories - October 1, 2018
- The Definitive List: Situations Where Businesses Turn To Recruiters - September 28, 2018
- Goldbeck Internship Interview: Janina Kirbach - September 13, 2018