Top 5 Employment Issues
Posted on May 1st, by Jessica Miles in Career Development, Human Resources. Comments Off on Top 5 Employment Issues
On April 19th, we attended a great presentation by Trevor Thomas of Kent Employment Law. Trevor is an employment lawyer who shared his legal expertise on the top five employment issues that cross his desk. The presentation focused on:
- The difference between an employee versus an independent contractor,
- The nuisances of employment contracts,
- How the Employment Standards Act of BC is interpreted,
- Human rights, and
- Common questions around dismissal and severance.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jessica Miles is one of our very successful Sales Recruiters here at Goldbeck Recruiting. She specializes in recruiting professionals for sales, marketing, and senior management in Production & Operations, Mining, Oil, & Gas, Forestry & Agriculture, Industrial Sales, Life Sciences & Biotech. Jessica has successfully filled very difficult searches for demanding clients across Canada, the USA, Europe and Asia. Jessica takes great pride in the time and effort she takes to understand her client’s requirements and then methodically and thoroughly scouring all passive and active candidates in the relevant labour markets. Like all of our recruiters at Goldbeck Recruiting, Jessica uses the most up-to-date digital candidate sourcing tools and methodology. This is combined with candidate evaluation techniques using precise matrix systems and thorough face-to-face interviews.
Latest posts by Jessica Miles (see all)
- Trends in Sales - April 25, 2019
- Managing Generational Divide Within a Sales Team - April 19, 2019
- The Burnout Generation: Unique Challenges Facing Millennials - April 10, 2019