The Ultimate Sales Resume Checklist
With the increase number of job applications that cross our desks your resume may get lost in that ever mounting pile. Your resume is likely the only sales pitch tool you have so learning how to communicate effectively on your resume is vastly important.
Almost all sales applicants that are shortlisted will have a few if not all of these points incorporated into there resume.
Here are a few action items to ensure your resume is communicated effectively:
- Use by-liners Include a short one to maximum 2 lines to describe the company. What industry, products and services.
Reeco Industries Ltd – Territory Manager (Western Division) Manufacturer and distributor of industrial mining equipment
- Use numbers: HR managers love sales numbers. It is the supporting evidence of your professional success. This makes your resume comparable to the other top resumes of that class.
Exceeded sales target by 30% totaling to a 40% increase in profits for the assigned western territory
- Brand your Resume: Incorporating well known company names or retail outlets you have called upon in your previous job. Having well known brand names on your resume not only makes you stand out from the crowd but easily relates to the HR Manager.
Business Development Manager – Consumer Packaged Goods, Beauty Key New Accounts – Bloomingdales, Wal-Mart
- Highlight your Achievements Incorporate terms like “achieved”, “increased”, “grew”, “exceeded” with your numbers.
Have been within the top 5% of our sales force for 5 years
- Make your resume scannable Use headings to organize your resume will make your resume easy to follow. By using bold fonts, white space and key phrases you can direct the viewer’s eyes so they capture and retain exactly what you want them to.
Reeco Industries Ltd – Territory Manager (Western Division) Manufacturer and distributor of industrial mining equipment… …
Achievements Exceeded target sales by 50% within the first year
Latest posts by Henry Goldbeck (see all)
- Goldbeck Internship Interview: Janina Kirbach - September 13, 2018
- Considerations when hiring in new jurisdictions - August 16, 2018
- Strong job growth adds strain to already small candidate pool - July 6, 2018