Our client is a national subsidiary of a global financial services and insurance conglomerate. They require a Vancouver based professional to manage and grow sales within a group of assigned corporate accounts. The position is responsible for sales growth with a current customer base only.
The primary focus of this position will be to interface directly with client organizations from head office executive to branch operations and front-line staff. The position will work to ensure that the accounts have a smooth and effective sales process resulting in increasing sales and customer satisfaction of the employer’s products. They will do this by working at all levels of the customers organizations from the senior policy level, technical and logistical operations and the front-line staff training and motivation.
- A University degree is required
- A minimum of three years experience in the banking or finance industry, preferably with exposure to bank branch operations, lending, or financial planning. A basic understanding of insurance and lending practices will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build trust-based relationships with customer staff and executives
- The ability to take initiative and implement plans in order to achieve sales targets
- Detail oriented, able to understand the client’s sales and related lending policies and procedures and worth within those policies to achieve targets
- Project a professional, friendly presence backed up excellent and timely customer service, problem solving and proactive support
- Must be able to enroll in and pass the Life License Qualification Program sponsored by the employer
- Must be able to travel within the Province of BC for an average of 2-3 weeks per quarter according to a self determined schedule
- Must be able to become a subject matter expert in terms of the employer’s products, bank and credit union lending practices and creditor insurance products, policies and legal framework