Our client is a well-established supplier of waterworks products and services to the construction industry in North America. They are currently in need of a top performing Account Manager to help grow revenues and market share in Alberta (Grand Prairies ideal).
This individual will build and manage customer relationships within an assigned geographical region/industry, servicing an existing customer base, identifying, and securing new accounts, and identifying new market and product opportunities to meet sales targets.
This is a great opportunity to work for a successful organization that, for years, has been one of the most recognized in its sector. Depending on performance, the Account Manager will have numerous opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. Combination of home and office work (office presence when needed).
- Responsible for the direct sales process and sales expansion, introducing new products/services to clients and organizing visits to current and potential clients to meet sales targets.
- Responsible for retaining long-term customer relationships with established clients, ensuring that clients receive high quality customer service by migrating information to appropriate branch staff when clients have additional service needs.
- Submits short and long-range sales plans, preparing sales strategies utilizing available marketing programs to reach nominated targets, and monitors projects’ status and risk exposure.
- Maintains strong relationships with vendors and industry consultants, ensuring our client’s presence in discussions of new products for distribution etc.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers, leveraging understanding of company’s products and the customers’ needs to provide solutions specific to each customer’s situation.
- Work to increase company’s market share by sourcing new clients, working with vendors to identify potential new product lines.
- Compile and provide estimates, bid packages, and quotes to customers and potential customers, based on customer requirements, RFP’s, RFQ’s, and/or architectural/engineering drawings.
- Manage, coordinate, and present regularly scheduled project status and risk analysis to senior management.
- Prepare regular sales reports and submits them to management.
- High school diploma. Post-secondary education is an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in sales within the civil construction industry. Candidates with no sales experience but technical expertise within the civil sector will be also considered (e.g. Engineers, Project Managers, etc.).
- General waterworks knowledge would also be an asset. Mechanical expertise is required.
- Proven understanding of market conditions and products and ability to recognize opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in coaching or leading a small team is a definite asset.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and manage time effectively.
- Experience with doing take-offs from plans is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid administrative and computer skills.
- Reliable team player with an ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license (driver’s abstract required).