Our client is a well-established manufacturer and distributor of building automation products. They are involved in a wide variety of projects from residential to commercial, industrial, institutional, and much more.
They are adding an Account Manager to their Fraser Valley, BC location and will offer the chance to work from home when not being on the road or at the office (only once or twice a week). The new hire will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities while retaining and upselling to existing customers within British Columbia.
The ideal candidate is a self starter, highly motivated individual with a strong aptitude for learning. Previous technical sales experience dealing with Contractors and Engineers is expected. Must possess a car and a valid driver’s license.
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by conducting prospecting activities to perspective customers and networking to secure first appointments with existing building owners at the decision maker level.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with the purpose of gaining the client’s trust, meeting their objectives, and delivering value added solutions.
- Educate the market and customers on company’s products and service capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with solutions and services.
- Visit projects and job sites to review installation procedures and practices with contractors and analyze client needs, proposing innovative system solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Prepare professional sales proposals, delivering exceptional sales presentations, and responding to tenders/bids as required using assigned company guidelines.
- Timely follow-up on all sales proposals to positively influence the decision-makers.
- Convey a “Customer First” professional attitude when responding to customer concerns.
- Prepare sales plans and forecasts that accurately represent your engagement in the local market.
- Configure innovative solutions using company’s products and services to competitively meet customer needs.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Manage and develop new and existing customer relationships.
- Stay current in knowledge of product features (including competitor technology), legislation, and regulations.
- 2+ years of technical sales experience, ideally in the construction/building automation sector.
- Post-secondary education (sales or related).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective at building relationships with a strong service orientation.
- Solid team player.
- Must be willing to travel for customer calls.
- Advanced sales skills and ability to develop customer solutions.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with preparing thorough quotes.
- Experience dealing with Contractors, Engineers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of British Columbia building codes and regulations.
- Must possess a car and a valid driver’s license.