Our client is a world leading manufacturer of chemical products and provides innovative applications to a variety of industries, such as pulp and paper, energy, environmental, food safety, etc.
They are currently in need of an Account Manager who will be responsible for looking after existing clients (70%) while prospecting for additional business (30%) in direct and distributor sales channels, mostly within the pulp and paper industry. The territory will include Western Canada and Northwest US and will require approximately 50% of overnight travel.
In order to build long-term business relationships, it is imperative to leverage technical skills as well as demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the industry. Previous experience working in or for the pulp and paper industry is essential to be able to be successful in this role and to fully understand the clients’ needs.
The Account Manager will work remotely, in any of the following territories: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, Prince George or Calgary.
The role is a permanent position that requires an independent, resourceful, reliable individual who can prioritize and work well remotely. Strong customer service focus with keen listening skills, ability to establish customer trust and build on relationships are essential characteristics for this role.
The company offers room for growth and prides itself on exemplary customer service, product quality, reliability and technical service!
- Manage accounts and build strong relationships with decision makers.
- Make sure that customers needs are met.
- Call and visit customers regularly in order to build trust and offer troubleshooting assistance, if required.
- Practice and promote a safe work practices in support of policy on health, safety, security and environment.
- Proactively identify, develop and acquire new business opportunities.
- Promote company’s products and show a deep understanding of customer applications, especially pulp and paper.
- Provide technical support, updated on new products and communicate with the &D team to optimize value to customer.
- Communicate with both customers and internal teams to make sure information is shared.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related technical fields required.
- 4+ years of experience in technical sales/service in pulp and paper or industrial chemical industry. Candidates with technical sales background in different industries but strong knowledge of pulp and paper operations will be considered as well.
- Proven track record of account management and business development.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, business acumen, and strategic and tactical approach.