Job/Company Profile: Private school in Vancouver requires an Accountant to join their team on a contract for three months. Some potential for the contract to be extended.
You are a well-rounded intermediate to senior Accountant able to pick up and tackle a wide range of accounting tasks. Ideal candidate will be a senior level CPA student will full cycle accounting experience.
- Manage prepaids and accrual journals
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Calculate and post monthly and recurring general journal entries
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for all significant balance sheet and income statement accounts
Banking and Loans
- Maintaining schedules on all bank loans that itemizes the principal, interest, stamping fees and swaps
- Daily monitor cash flows to ensure that sufficient funds are available for outgoing cash flows and also advising when excess cash can be invested.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Administrative duties related to Banking & Credit Cards
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare and distribute academic & professional development budgets by department and Capital reports monthly that compare actual results to budget and answer any queries on the reports.
- Monitor International Trips Budget
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepare monthly tuition upload template for General Accountant and review transmission prior to upload.
- Oversight of After School Care (ASC) payments and collections
- Billing and collection for facility rentals.
- Review coding of all expenses on invoices and cheque reimbursements.
- Reconcile donations received with the Advancement department to ensure all donations are accounted for accurately.
- Formal Accounting education
- Advanced stages of CPA Program
- Hands on experience with full cycle accounting
- Team player, able to pitch in and support others on team
- Not-for-profit experience a plus