Accountant / Payroll Admin
$55,000 - 60,000
Engineering & Technical Trades
Vancouver - BC
Company Profile: Well established Engineering company focused in the marine industry.
- Full cycle Accounting and reporting
- Analyze GL Account
- Performs bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations on a regular basis. Investigates, follows-up and resolves issues around bank and account reconciliations to ensure
- Prepares GST/PST returns and completes net filings on a regular basis.
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries, cash receipts, AR and AP to meet accounting deadlines.
- Project Accounting.
- Payroll for 175 employees with 150 in Canada, 20 in the US and 5 in Vietnam
- Ad-hoc reporting as required.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting required
- Payroll experience and courses
- ADP Workforce now experience is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous full cycle accounting required
- Proficiency in MS Office, with strong Excel skills for dealing with high volumes of data
- ERP experience required – Deltech or SAP ideal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A positive attitude, with the ability to communicate and interact with customers and colleagues in a professional manner