Company Profile: This person will be located at the Export Division for a commodity and value-added wood products company with plants on Vancouver Island and the interior of BC. They are a dynamic wholesale business that markets wood products around the world.
Job Profile: This is a newly created position to bring leadership to this office team. Reporting to the CFO you will oversee the export team. Accounting focus will be on sales invoices, tracking, inventory, account reconciliations, AP, and a variety of confidential reports. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, and able to balance multiple tasks while supporting the management team.
This role will appeal to a highly efficient and productive individual who works effectively with minimal supervision. If you are a self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude and enjoy being part of a growing Company where you contribute to success, we want to hear from you!
- Supervise a small office staff
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of purchase and sale transactions
- Ensure the accuracy of export banking documents, LC’s and DC’s
- Maintaining and reviewing internal controls, processes, and systems
- Preparing export division sales and commission reports
- Maintaining records and reconciliation of accounts
- Respond to required communication for the management team
- Regular communication with head office accounting personnel
- Ability to work independently, and add value through trust and confidentiality
- Accounting Diploma an asset
- 5+ years’ experience as a team leader in bookkeeping or export documentation environment.
- Successful team leader with proven management experience and ability to successfully manage the export documentation team and daily bookkeeping requirements
- Relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Exceptional organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Strong computer and technical skills – able to work in a dynamic and complex computer system environment
- Experience in the lumber industry and with export documentation and LC’s is an asset