Job Profile: Maternity Leave coverage required for 10 – 12 months.
Excellent opportunity for an individual who has recently completed an Accounting/Business program and is looking for a place to gain experience. The role will have a variety of accounting and administrative tasks. This construction company is prepared to train a motivated, articulate individual and support your further studies towards the CPA program.
Ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years accounting experience in AP and AR in the construction industry – this is a big plus. Strong communication and motivated to learn and work hard. You will work at the front desk and greet customers. Minimal phone and walk in traffic.
- Accounts Payable processing for several businesses and multiple projects
- Review, distribute, match and copy AP Documentation
- Assist with Payroll
- Assist accounting team with month-end and year-end activities
- Update and maintain spreadsheets and database
- Assist in other areas as identified by the Controller
- Greet visitors, answer phones and receive general email inquiries and direct as appropriate
- Maintain phone lists, process all incoming mail, courier deliveries and faxes
- Manage inventory, promotional goods and office supplies
- Arrange catering as requested and book boardroom meetings
- Contact IT maintenance as required and coordinate resolution of minor concerns
- Assist in the coordination of corporate events
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in accounting related work
- Strong Accounting fundamental skills/knowledge
- Accounts Payable experience is an asset
- Jonas software is a plus
- Proficiency on MS Office Suite
- Able to work in a high paced environment juggling multiple tasks
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative, energy and a positive attitude.