Our client is a trading company that specialized in feed ingredients and organic grains. Solid customer base and fun, cohesive team.
Currently, they are looking for a CPA to take on the role of Accounting Manager. This person will work closely with their Accountant who is in the final stages of completing their CPA. Hands-on role requiring an individual who will handle the day-to-day transactional accounting through to financial statement preparation.
- Full Cycle accounting for a mid-sized private company
- Financial statement preparation, under ASPE, for internal and external stakeholders
- Cash Flow Management; AP, AR & bank balances in both Canadian & US currencies
- Preparation and entry of monthly closing entries and bank reconciliations
- Work closely with Ownership and Senior Managers to provide financial updates as required
- Manage accounting team and work closely with Operations & Logistics team
- Preparation of various reports for yearly budgets and variance analysis
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate appropriate credit terms, and limits necessary
- Liaising with external auditors and tax accountants, for year-end audit and tax filing, and preparation of all supporting working papers.
- Ensure internal control policies are followed and provide recommendations for any improvements
- Work directly with regulating bodies to maintain licenses, obtaining credit insurance & general liability insurance at the best rates
- Review customer credit applications & financial statements, provide credit limit if below discretionary limits provided by the underwriter
- Administering payroll and payroll tax remittances. T4 reconciliations.
- Managing Human Resources; hiring/firing process, health benefits administration, vacation planning, complaint, and sensitive information management.
- Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, and ERP Systems
- Other Ad-hoc duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation – will consider students with proven experience
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Top-notch communication skills are important- the ability to communicate effectively with individuals in all departments and business units including founders as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Systems savvy with a resourceful personality that thrives in working in an exciting fast-paced entrepreneurial and creative environment
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and changing environments while maintaining excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision