Our client is a well-established group of private companies in the transportation industry. They are looking for an AP clerk to join their busy accounting team. Your responsibilities will include matching, coding, and processing invoices, data entry, handling vendor inquiries, reconciliation of vendor statements, and cheque runs. This individual is responsible for maintaining a high level of professional service and customer satisfaction in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Stamps with vendor stamp, indicates invoice date, number and amount to be paid.
- Matches invoice with purchase requisitions and packing slips, noting vendor Number and G/L codes before forwarding to management for approval.
- Creates data entry then files in unpaid A/P drawer for future cheque run, after approved.
- Determines if any invoices to be charged back to lease operators or agents.
- Prints reports before running cheques to verify data entry and match up invoices for the cheque run.
- Prints cheques, matches up with backup, and submits for signature.
- Distributes cheques accordingly once signed.
- Maintains cheques held list spreadsheet.
- Creates manual cheques as required.
- Files cheque foils.
Fixed Asset Subledger Maintenance of Additions and Disposal
- Run G/L reports for fixed asset accounts.
- Write up fixed asset addition cover sheets for each asset and attach all invoices and supporting documents.
- Send to Controller for approval.
- Enter each asset into Fixed Asset Subledger.
- Prepare Year End Working Papers for Fixed Assets
Quarterly Reconciliation of G/L Accounts
- Reconcile clearing accounts.
- Run G/L reports and make sure both sides of entry have been done.
- Follow up on any discrepancies and write up correcting journal entries or chargebacks
Processes RBC Visa statements including G/L coding
- Process Visa statements in a timely manner to meet due date
Accounts Payable/Receivable Support and Miscellaneous Duties
- Processes line and town lease operators’ payables.
- Processes Interline invoices
- Daily Posting of A/R Deposits including Coquitlam, branch, Visa and EFT deposits
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
- One to three years’ accounts payable experience in high volume environment
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Proficient in data entry
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates professional demeanour, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, problem solve and be attentive to details
- Highly organized with a proven ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence