Our client is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals. We are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their team and manage lab and formulation work for their manufacturing facility in Northern BC. He or she will spend 60% of their time in the lab. We are looking for candidates to re-locate to Prince George for this position and relocation assistance will be provided.
- Responsible for chemistry work conducted at the facility, including R&D work, weekly operational testing, raw material and finished product testing, lab trials, plant trials support, regulatory testing, and customer complaint investigations.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing testing equipment and methodology, as well as monitoring in-process chemistry and recommending changes/modifications derived from process troubleshooting with respect to the chemistry.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of analytical procedures and be a key contributor to the quality program, ensuring compliance with, and effectiveness of, standard operating procedures related to process chemistry and chemical analysis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Applied Chemistry
- A minimum of 5 years of chemical plant experience in related activities
- Experience working with hydrogen peroxide is a major asset
- Experience with product quality control techniques