Our client is a reputable manufacturer and distributor of architectural building materials (flooring) and is proud to offer 100% certified and sustainable products in North America. They offer multiple product lines for a variety of construction project, from custom homes to multi-family and commercial buildings. They are also about to open a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility which will increase their product offering even further.
They are currently adding an Architectural and Business Development Manager to their team. This individual will be responsible for driving the company’s brands, building and maintaining relationships with the building community, and getting products specified with Builders, Developers, Architects and Designers within the Vancouver and Seattle markets. Previous experience calling on this type of accounts and selling building products is mandatory.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an organization that offers innovative products and to be able to truly make an impact within a growing business.
- Work on brand development with Specifiers in the Metro Vancouver and Metro Seattle markets for Residential (single-family and multi-family) and Commercial projects
- Interior Designers
- Pull through sales communication via all channels
- In collaboration with existing company’s sales team
- Sustainability expert
- Become one of the company’s leaders in Sustainability
- Aggressive pursuit of all opportunities to have company’s products specified on projects
- Become a product expert
- Prepare and deliver Lunch and Learns
- Be the face of the company within the A&D community in both the Vancouver and Seattle markets
- Be the company representative for industry organizations
- Work closely with the Marketing and Production teams
- Report directly to company Executive Vice President and work closely with the company President
- Generate new revenue for the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or construction related field or combination of Diploma and work experience.
- 5+ years of experience selling building products to builders, developers, architects, and designers in the Vancouver and/or Seattle markets.
- Knowledge of Canadian building requirements and strong connections within the local markets.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills and ability to use sound judgement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to travel for client meetings in Vancouver and Lower Mainland. When the US-Canada border restrictions are lifted, some trips to Seattle are expected as well.