Our client is a residential construction company focused on custom home builds and renovations. Due to a huge influx of work, we are looking for an Architectural Technician to join their team, based out of Surrey. This individual will work directly with clients, be involved in the construction process, and see the fruits of their labour in the final product. There is also the opportunity to participate in home shows. Our client is open to hiring qualified candidates with any level of experience. The compensation plan will commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Approximately 20% field work is required around the lower mainland.
- Assist the overall team, including the design manager, engineers, and lead architect.
- Measure onsite and create drawings of current conditions.
- Develop working drawings for construction and permitting purposes using AutoCAD.
- Generate 3D drawings out the exterior of residential houses.
- Meet with clients, team members and contractors on site.
- Guide client’s in the selections of finishing.
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, and the team for facilitation of the overall project.
- On site meetings with clients, subtrades and team members.
- Meet with clients and help guide selections for finishing as required.
- Contribute information to the estimating process.
- Strong 3D modeling and AutoCAD skills.
- Experience in the residential construction industry (ideally 2-3 years).
- Ability to read and understand plans, and good familiarity with the B.C. Building Code & Municipal codes.
- Experience with both renovation and new construction type projects.
- Polished communication skills and experience working with clients.