Our client is rapidly growing company and are manufacturing a product that reduces plastic waste in the world. They are looking for an Assistant Controller to support the Controller. Excellent opportunity for succession planning and future growth.
Reporting to the Controller your role as the Assistant Controller is pivotal in supporting the Finance Team. You will help deliver reporting and analysis to support key decision making across all companies. You will have the opportunity to develop and maintain systems used in the financial planning process and will assist with the preparation of Financials, Budgets, and Year End working papers. You will also oversee the management of the Company’s Taxes.
· Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
· Assist in formulation and compliance of internal controls and policies in accordance with auditing standards and best practices.
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements
· Manage Journal entries, Invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the Monthly and Annual close.
· Assist in the preparation of Budgets or Forecasts
· Participate in preparation for the Annual Review and/or Audit
· Manage all Taxes including timely reporting and payment of all taxes due for: Canada, US, UK and EU.
· Participate in Finance projects that contribute to Continuous improvement ie Acumatica; AP and Expense automation to Concur; reducing Month End Close times, and implementation of Fixed Assets module etc.
· Assist with the managing of a team of four + team members
· CPA designation
· 3 to 4 years’ experience in accounting with 2 + post CPA qualification experience
· Supervisory experience required
· Strong background with Commodity taxes preferred including Canadian, US, and VAT.
· Financial experience with inventory, supply chain or logistics
· Experience with Acumatica ERP an asset
· ASPE experience preferred
· Cloud based ERP like Netsuite or Acumatica is an asset
· Canadian experience
· Previous experience in manufacturing and distribution preferred