Company Profile: Corporate Head office for growing transportation services company.
Job Profile: Reporting to the CFO, you will supervise a team of four accounting staff. We are looking for a tech-savvy, leader to be part of the management team. Bring your experience to identify gaps, implement new processes and build a strong team.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare financial statements and analysis
- Supervise AR, AP and Intermediate Accountant
- Participate in invoicing, revenue processing – revenue review
- Oversee accounting processes and systems
- Compile and distribute monthly reporting package.
- Excise tax returns and compliance
- Coordinate preparation of annual budgets
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to improve efficiency and maintain internal controls
- Assist in setting priorities for the department
- Lead the team, giving direction, career planning, evaluations, succession, hiring
- CPA designation completed and in good standing.
- Experience with GP Dynamics would be desirable and confidence in systems
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Comfortable mastering all the systems and programs required for this job.
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Process improvement
- Extraordinary attention to detail and capable of performing a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Flexible, comfortable with change, and able to introduce non-routine assignments and tasks into your day will contribute to your success.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will allow you to liaise effectively with other departments and be comfortable working with people at all levels in the company.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting financials to leadership and others within the company.