Our client is a successful industrial manufacturing company. Currently located in Surrey with plans to build a new high tech
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for full-cycle accounting, including the month-end close. The Assistant Controller will also take part in innovation projects within the finance group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the month-end process
- Prepare various financial statements and reports
- Analyze and explain variances to budget / forecast
- Maintain Fixed Assets
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Lead annual financial statement audit
- Other external reporting, as needed (e.g., bank covenants)
- Review and file statutory filings (e.g., GST, PST, WCB)
- Establish and maintain relationships with all levels of the Company and external parties
- Special assignments, projects and other duties as required, including new system selection/implementations, financing due diligence, process improvement and internal controls documentation/analysis
- Train and support junior staff.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Enrolled in professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Completion of an accounting degree or diploma program from an accredited business school or program
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer proficiency with advanced skill levels in MS Excel, accounting systems (SAP preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting concepts and principles including experience with ASPE (Accounting standards for private enterprises)
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Vena or similar ERP system is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including advanced Excel skills.
Soft Skills Required:
- A self-starter with proven success managing priorities and multi-tasking in a highly dynamic environment
- Integrity, reliability, and the ability to manage self, and others, with urgency, practicality, and accountability
- Exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities, including the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Resourceful with outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A team orientation with a strong desire to grow within the company.