Our client is a trade union that represents its members across all different industries. Currently, they are looking for a Benefits Administrator that will be responsible for the benefits administration and help assist the other Administrators in tasks such as payroll, basic pension inquires, and record maintenance. This is an in-office position.
· 3 multi-employer benefit plans (2 health and welfare plans, 1 pension plan) for union members
· Performs a variety of administrative duties, including disability claim 3rd party recoveries and claim overpayments, verifying insurer’s disability claims invoice data, compile benefit plan data and statistics
· Answers benefits-related enquiries from members, union business agents, and trustees; communicates with plan service providers
· Administers and maintains record retention policies; including ensuring records are retained or destroyed as per the policies
· Provides backup for other benefits administrator positions, incl. enrollments, pension benefit applications
· 3 years of experience in a benefits administration or HR role
· Intermediate computer proficiency incl. MS Office; Word and Excel
· Strong mathematical skills and a key eye for accurate
· Be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and have well-developed interpersonal skills.