Our client is a well-established organization selling and distributing high quality food products to the retail industry, from convenient stores to national grocery chains.
Due to their organic growth, they are adding a Business Development Manager to their team. This individual will be responsible for developing new international and domestic customer relationships as well as continuing to maintain existing ones. The company’s goal is to break into the international market space and increase company’s market share.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strategic mindset, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to identify new business opportunities at the international level. Previous experience in the food/consumer packaged goods industry is an asset.
The position will be based in Langley, BC and will offer great work-life balance and the opportunity to work with a leading Canadian organization!
- To seek and identify meaningful partnerships for long-term, profitable growth
- Develop new international and domestic customer relationships as well as continue to maintain existing ones
- Develop sales strategy for new and existing product lines domestically and internationally
- Communication point person for all external brands
- Prepare business reviews for brands
- Work closely with the sales, marketing and procurement teams to maximize our promotional activity, sales incentives, and chain execution
- Review of sales analysis with recommendations for improvement
- Ongoing review of competitive landscape and consumer trends in relevant categories
- Provide pricing strategy recommendations
- Present new product lines/products to Product Development team.
- Understand and ensure compliance, policies and procedures relative to the export market
- Design and implement export strategies and activities
- Ensure adherence of all transactional requirements including export documentation along with shipping efficiencies in assistance with customers
- Design sales strategies according to international customer requirements
- Monitor all existing and prospective markets and assist to identify appropriate business opportunities
- Identify and participate in domestic and international trade shows
- Domestic and international travel required
- 5+ years of experience in a sales capacity
- Sales in the food industry an asset but not necessary
- International sales experience an asset but not necessary
- Experience in managing a budget
- Strong sales and marketing skills and ability to understand the big picture
- Task-oriented, organized and able to attend to details of the business, while still maintaining focus on long term goals
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral