Our client is based in 5 locations worldwide, with offices in India, US and Canada. They have a team of over 60 professionals who deliver end-to-end supply chain solutions using a tech-based platform. As our client’s business grows, they are looking for a Business Development Manager to add to their team in Canada.
Our client is an IATA, WCA, FMC and MTO accredited firm. They are contract holders with major steamship liners and airlines and actively assist various Amazon sellers worldwide with e-commerce solutions, freight insurance and bonds.
• Identify and pursue new customers in Canada and USA
• Build and maintain long-lasting relationships with North American customers
• Meeting specific territory sales objectives
• Initiate pricing requests; negotiate and implement pricing; develop and execute strategies to maximize growth and profitability
• Manage sales leads, sales momentum, negotiations, and closures through internal management system
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration an asset
• 3+ years’ experience in direct outside sales
• Freight industry sales experience strongly preferred. Experience dealing with imported goods required
• “Hunter” mentality
• Energetic, flexible, proactive
• Excellent English language communication and presentation skills