Our client is a provider of water treatment and dewatering services to the construction industry. They can count on a team of dedicated professionals that design, install, maintain customized systems to meet each client’s unique needs. They provide their services to owners and general contractors who are developing large commercial, institutional and residential properties, as required by municipal and Erosion Control specifications.
They are looking to secure a top performing Business Development Representative to help grow revenues and client base across British Columbia, but primarily in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley area.
This individual will build a revenue-generating sales pipeline which will primarily consist of leads and new project opportunities from prospective accounts, while working within a team environment and partnering with the project management team to uncover new projects.
The core function of the Business Development Representative is to strategically identify, prospect, and grow commercial business. Through relationship-based selling this position will identify and build strategic relationships to uncover business opportunities, analyze customer needs, identify and work with the team to customize product and service solutions to win projects and grow accounts.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders: building owners, developers, engineers and general contractors, influencing them to promote Company’s products and services, and provide referrals with the ultimate goal to identify projects and development of opportunities throughout British Columbia.
- Act as a technical resource to all stakeholders through informal and formal presentations regarding Company systems, processes and products. Articulates the benefits of using Company services.
- Generate leads and opportunities through professional contacts, dedicated prospecting and cold-calling and drive brand awareness campaigns and lead generation via networking and associations.
- Build strategic opportunities that can generate leads. Continually maintain knowledge of customers’ business issues, market dynamics, company vision, the competition, sales strategy, as well as products and services.
- Assist in planning and coordinating trade shows and events. Will represent company at trade shows and events as needed.
- Identify and foster potential relationships with project facilitators, project managers, and key people that have high levels of influence or decision-making authority, influencing them to purchase products and services.
- Create and maintain a structured business development plan. Maintain current client data in system.
- 5+ years of work experience in business development, sales, complex construction project estimation in the construction industry and/or B2B. Experience in civil and/or large-scale construction industry preferred.
- Degree/Diploma in business, marketing, engineering or other relevant post-secondary education is preferred.
- Proven understanding of sales methodology with formal training is required.
- Understanding of CRM functionality and pipeline creation. Proven analytic skills for forecasting and planning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Project management certification and/or skills are an asset.
- Skilled verbal, written, listening, interpersonal/presentation communication skills.
- Able to quickly learn technical components of Company products and systems.
- Can build and maintain rapport with clients and key stakeholders. Demonstrate effective networking skills.
- Has excellent organizational skills and business acumen.
- Systems savvy, use data/analytics to assist in decision making.