Our client is a well-established, private company that supplies water treatment and dewatering services to the construction industry. They have a team of dedicated professionals who design, install, and support water treatment and dewatering systems, each one unique to the customer and their application. Our client provides customized services to owners and general contractors who are developing large commercial, institutional and residential properties, as required by municipal and Erosion Control specifications.
They are currently in need of a top performing Business Development Representative to help grow revenues and client base across British Columbia, but primarily in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
This individual will generate new leads and identify new project opportunities from prospective accounts, while working within a team environment and partnering with the project management team to uncover new projects.
This is a great opportunity to work for a successful organization heading towards significant growth and expansion. The Business Development Representative will have the chance to work closely with experienced individuals who have been serving the construction industry for many years and are looking forward to sharing their knowledge with the next generation!
- Develop contacts through cold-calling, following up on new leads, meeting potential new prospects and leveraging networking activities to create business opportunities.
- Respond in a timely, complete, and professional manner to all inquiries and communications between the customers, prospects, and the company.
- Foster relationships with owners/developers, engineers/architects and general contractors, influencing them to promote products and services, and provide referrals with the ultimate goal to identify projects and opportunities throughout British Columbia.
- Maintain knowledge of customers’ business issues, market dynamics, company vision, competition, sales strategy, as well as company’s products and services.
- Assist in planning and coordinating trade shows and events. Will represent company at trade shows and events as needed.
- Degree/Diploma in business or marketing, or other relevant post-secondary education.
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 5 years of B2B sales experience, preferably with focus on large-scale construction projects. A combination of Project Management and Sales would be ideal.
- Sales methodology training (relationship and value based), forecasting and planning.
- Significant travel to client sites throughout Vancouver and Lower Mainland and occasional travel to industry events throughout Canada and North America will be required.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Outstanding sales and business development track record.
- Previous experience in selling project-based construction or industrial services/applications is mandatory.
- Experience in dewatering, water treatment/remediation is an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communications, multitasking, and analytical skills
- Possess of a valid driver’s license and good driving records.