Our client is a cutting-edge manufacturer of electrical systems sold to the power generation industry. We are looking for a business leader to be responsible for a specific business line. This is a brand-new position created to focus more attention on a specific product line with major growth opportunities.
This person will be responsible for engineering, research and development, manufacturing and working closely with sales and marketing for the ultimate success of this product line. Oversight of manufacturing professionals in both Canada and Mexico is required.
Ideally this person has an MBA, electrical engineering degree, and a minimum of 5-7 years of management experience in an electrical manufacturing environment. Experience managing P+L of a business line or entire business is also required.
- Build a culture of integrity, inclusion, engagement, responsibility, transparency, and performance
- Strategize, develop, and implement an innovative growth strategy for this specific business line
- Manage the budgeted cost base and revenue targets associated with the business line
- Develop long and short-term strategies and commercial business plans to drive quality, efficiency, market growth, including penetration of new markets, and year over year gross margin expansion
- Prepare and submit regular financial forecasts
- Responsible for managing the Canadian and Mexican manufacturing operations for this business lin
- Work closely with sales and marketing for the ultimate success in gaining market share
- MBA or degree in electrical engineering
- 5-7 years related management experience in electrical manufacturing, small or large electrical systems
- Strong project management capabilities
- Experience managing the P+L of a business or business line
- Experience leading a team of manufacturing professionals and working closely with sales
- Proven success in building growth and market share through manufacturing success
- Knowledge of the transfer switch industry is a major asset
- Experience with strategic direction and continuous improvement measures
- Experience with re-manufacturing is a major asset