Our client is a biotechnology company with exciting developments. They are looking for a CFO to report to the COO and support strategic planning and visioning from a financial perspective. The CFO will lead the finance and cash management strategies and functions for the company and maintain best practices.
Biotech industry experience is highly preferred. Previous experience executing financing rounds and managing investor relations is required. Goal to close private financing rounds and then take company public. Previous experience in this is required.
- Provides strategic management of the accounting and finance team.
- Identify and address financial risk to the company.
- Organizes the execution of financing rounds and help manage investor relationships.
- Oversees the company’s fiscal activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
- Overall responsibility for all process improvement projects related to finance, accounting and I.T.
- Ensure financial regulatory and legal documents are filed and are monitor compliance with
- Maintains and establishes relationships with commercial banking partners.
- Leads planning and forecasting activities to achieve business and company goals.
- Works with the other members of the senior leadership team to develop and execute corporate strategic objectives.
- Responsible for effective and efficient I.T. infrastructure, including aligning hardware and software strategies with the strategic plan
- Oversee strategic business intelligence reporting
- Oversee the human resource activities to ensure alignment with strategic plan
- Responsible for Employee Policies and compliance with legislation, including the Employment Standards Act and Worksafe BC
- Input into Employee Benefits Plan reviews and negotiations
- Establish goals for the Finance, HR, and IT Departments and implement each year
- Hires, trains, develops, and manages all direct reports in finance, administration and sets standards for performance; assesses performance and provides feedback on a regular basis
- Responsible for corporate insurance including business, liability, property and equipment
- CPA designation and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience in a senior management role with a proven ability to supervise, train and motivate staff effectively and to promote a positive and respectful work environment.
- Biotechnology industry highly preferred.
- Experience leading financing round including private rounds, investor relations and IPO.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting and cashflow
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment.