Our client is a publicly traded company that provides laboratory services to companies in the mining exploration industry. The Langley office is responsible for three Canadian locations and one international office and reports to HQ overseas.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will review the work of junior staff and remote administrators. This is a newly created position and requires an individual who has strong full cycle accounting for multiple locations and can work independently.
· Review works performed by assistant accountant(s), including invoices imported, payments and receipts posting to ensure all financial data are captured properly, reconcile bank weekly
· Review payments request prepared by assistant accountant(s) before sending for approval, and ensure that the correct amounts are being paid to the vendors
· Prepare revenue reconciliations on a weekly basis for review, ensure discrepancies are sorted, correct FX rates are used and communicate with management as required
· Prepare weekly accounts receivable report, with details for expected timing on receipt of funds, and follow up with project managers or clients for payments as necessary
· Reconcile APs and review of supplies reconciliations prepared by assistant accountant(s)
· Prepare monthly cash plan for review and approval, update on a weekly basis for analysis
· Record capitalization, disposals and transfers of assets
· Prepare payroll to send for review and attend to queries from employees
· Manage group benefit plan and commercial insurance, review on a regular basis
· Reconcile petty cash, credit card, expense claims and ensure expenses are allocated correctly
· Reconcile inventory, update pricing and inventory lists monthly
· Prepare end of month schedules, prepare and process journal entries on the system
· Process intercompany entries and reconcile monthly
· Prepare end of month profit and loss report for review, with detailed analysis of all expenses to ensure correct allocation and all costs have been captured and a detailed variance analysis of costs against budgeted amounts liaising with relevant Regional Managers for explanation
· Review monthly financial results with Operations Managers and Financial Controller
· Prepare end of month balance sheet report for review, including detailed analysis of all items and ensure all accounts are reconciled
· File and reconcile all fillings to authorities, ensure that payments and fillings are made within the prescribed deadline.
· Assist in the preparation of twice-yearly budgets
· Liaise with suppliers and third parties to address queries, as and when required, and ensure that there’s a communication flow between the company and the supplier and third parties
· Manage assistant accountant(s), set performance criteria, and provide assistance and training
· Assist auditors with queries
· Constantly review existing processes and provide suggestions for improvement
· Financial/Accounting degree, or any equivalent qualification
· Able to interact effectively with all levels of the team, management, and other stakeholders
· Able to work on flexible hours as and when required
· Proactive in improving processes
· Strong administration and self-organization skills
· Previous experience with ERP system (preferred)
· Advance excel and time management skills
· Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns (preferred with Quebec tax experience as well)
· Knowledge regarding IFRS and other accounting regimes where applicable.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in above at various levels.