Our client is an industry leader within the utilities sector here in British Columbia.
We are looking for experienced Chief Engineer of Pipelines with a proven track record of success. The ideal candidate will provide technical oversight, strategic direction, leadership and professionalism to the pipeline engineering group. The right attitude and past experience is of the utmost importance for this role and candidates who show this will be given priority.
- Provide guidance, knowledge, and expertise to engineering operations in B.C.
- Develop and renew multiple design options, design and spec, and to oversee the projects from conception to design / build.
- Liaise with stakeholders and management providing technical knowledge and detailed designs of projects.
- Lead a group of senior engineers providing mentorship, technical oversight, and specialist engineering knowledge to support design and construction.
- Will work hand in hand with plants, electrical, instrumentation etc. departments and will help optimize processes and designs.
- Liaise with the Regulatory department and oversee the Pipelines group involvement in regulatory processes and proceedings including both the BC Utilities Commission and the BC Oil and Gas Commission
- Provide strategic direction in the development and implementation of process improvement and business development opportunities and related change management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer with 10-15 years of experience in related field.
- Eng registered with EGBC and 5 years of utility or similar experience.
- Quality control, documentation, policy, and contract administration background.
- Well versed in engineer principles, process, and techniques in regards to a utility contractor.
- Basic computer literacy of MS word, office, and excel.
- Strong and proven leadership and project management experience.
- Financial and business acumen with a strong background in SAP applications.