Our client is an established and reputable civil engineering and development consulting company in Vancouver delivering successful projects in the north shore, the sea to sky corridor and the lower mainland. Amidst growth they require a Civil Inspector to add to their team. This is a permanent, full-time position which will play an essential role within their small, tight and efficient team. This individual will have the possibility to work remotely, if preferred.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in the municipal field and/or the private sector as well as in land development projects, specifically pipe works, waterworks, sewer, storm and sanitary work.
The company is well respected in the community with high recommendations from local developers, architects, consultants, and municipalities. They are known for tackling complex projects and deliver quality of work that is second to none. The work environment is stimulating, positive and supportive where majority of their staff are long term employees.
- Field Services, Site Inspections, Preparation of inspection reports.
- Contract Management, Preparation of Contract documents, Progress Payments, Substantial Completion Certifications, site photo and document management.
- Preparation of As-built packages including Operation and Maintenance Manuals for Pump Stations.
- Coordination with Contractor and Municipalities.
- Must have personally insured vehicle for site visits and valid drivers licence.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar civil construction/land development role.
- A variety of Civil Engineering disciplines including engineering of roads, water, sanitary and drainage systems, tender preparation, contract administration (asset) and field review.
- Knowledge of Municipal infrastructure and design requirements and standards.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to travel for client meetings, construction inspection and progress review.
• Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer with ‘Engineers and Geoscientists of BC’.