Our client is a well-established general contracting company specializing in institutional, commercial and industrial construction projects. They have multiple offices in British Columbia and are currently looking for an additional Estimator for their Richmond location.
This individual will provide support to the Chief Estimator and the estimating team in bid preparation. He/She will also assist and guide a newer team of 2 Junior Estimators.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 10+ years of general contracting experience looking to join a dynamic, modern company with a progressive mentality. Our client is also open to Senior Estimators who are looking to a Pre-Construction Manager position as the next step of their career.
- Prepare bids, quotes and perform quantity take-offs
- Perform technical review of drawings and construction documents prior to quotation
- Prepare substitution request letters
- Notify EBS of intention to bid
- Review scope of work with sub-trades prior to bid
- Close tenders and prepare for delivery of tenders
- Liaise with Engineers and Designers regarding technical issues
- Produce and review orders for project-specific components
- Respond to sales staff technical requests
- Communicate with project team and clients to coordinate production and with on-site personnel
- Continuously developing knowledge with the industry and their products
- 10+ years estimating/projects experience with institutional, commercial and industrial projects
- Education in building science, building envelope, engineering and related is an asset
- Ability to read construction drawings, specification and documents
- Positive, resilient, reliable, responsive, accountable, results-oriented