Our client is a well-established general contracting firm offering construction management services for projects in Vancouver and Lower Mainland. Their focus is on tenant improvement projects.
They are expanding and looking for an Estimator who will be responsible, among the other things, for collecting quotas from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers; analyzing company data, monitoring budgets and prices; reviewing and assess cost estimates.
This is a chance to work for a solid organization that offers a supporting environment and career advancement opportunities.
- Collect different quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using software packages
- Review and assess cost estimates
- Identify labor, material, costs, and time requirements by researching proposals, blueprints, and any related documents
- Prepare detailed cost estimate reports
- Conduct regular risk assessments
- Oversee the different stages of a company project to ensure that expenses follow the forecast plan
- Present complex and detailed reports to management
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Determining project changes
- Developing project strategies
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Post-Secondary Education with Construction is an Asset, Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent
- 3+ years of Construction & Estimating experience
- Own transportation is required. Public transportation is available
- MS Office, Adobe experience is considered an asset.
- A positive, outgoing, time-oriented, reliable person with excellent written communication skills, and a team player.