Our client is a world leader manufacturer of waterproofing and roofing technologies for commercial, institutional and industrial projects. The company’s service division is currently seeking a Construction Manager who can be located anywhere in Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver.
This individual will be responsible for managing all projects (including general contractors and larger-scale restoration & repair projects, etc.) from conception to completion.
The ideal candidate is someone with a General Contractor, Project Manager, Superintendent or Construction Manager background within the construction/building materials industry.
Our client is expanding the Canadian operations and starting new projects within Western Canada. This is long-term opportunity for someone who is ready to step up and take on more responsibilities at the national level. The position requires some travel, although most of the site visits will be completed by the Superintendents who will report to the Construction Manger.
This is a great opportunity to grow within a very well-established company and actively participate to their expansion in Western Canada!
- Manage all projects from conception to completion.
- Participate in all proposals, specifications, price estimates, schedules, and sales efforts as they affect the projects.
- Review all assigned projects to schedule deliverables and track costs.
- Meet contractual conditions and performance.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Work collaboratively with customers, sales reps, roofing contractors, superintendents, and roofing technicians to ensure delivery on time and within budget as well as select and manage all sub-contractors.
- In-depth understanding of all construction management tasks including Superintendent roles and responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of commercial roofing experience (or equivalent products) as a General Contractor, Roofing Superintendent or Project Manager is required.
- Ability to manage conflicts and crisis.
- Ability to create performance reporting is strong asset.
- Superior written, oral and digital communication skills needed.
- Experience with SAP, Access, Microsoft Projects, Visual Cadd, AutoCadd and Excel is a strong asset.
- Must be willing to travel within the region up to 50% of the time.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle.