Our client is a well-established general contractor specializing in custom residences, boutiques, restaurants and similar high-end projects in Vancouver and Lower Mainland.
They are looking for a Construction Manager who will support the owner and the rest of the team with estimating, project management and site supervision. The ideal candidate is someone with the ability to actively contribute to the planning and scheduling process while providing strategic advice, based on the projects the company is focusing on.
This is a key-role for the organization and requires someone with excellent communications skills, ability to build report with both clients and site crews as well as the ability to see the big picture and grow the company by improving service quality and teams’ performance on the job site.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the construction industry, ideally on the renovation side. This position will be mostly based on site offices, starting from an upcoming project in Vancouver (Marpole area).
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company that has built a strong reputation over the years thanks to the passion, integrity and hard-work of well-established office and field teams.
- Work with the owner of the company to oversee field teams’ effectiveness and productivity.
- Assess and improve company’s procedures and processes in order to foster growth, cost efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure safety programs, laws and regulations are fully respected.
- Work on estimating and project management to secure new projects and look after them until completion.
- Make sure projects are executed according to plans, drawings, specifications and building codes/schedules.
- 10+ years in construction in a estimating/PM or Site Superintendent role or equivalent positions. Previous experience on the renovation/modernization side is mandatory.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction processes, project management, estimating, scheduling, procurement, regulations, safety, etc.
- Hands-on approach, ability to solve problems as well as review site instructions, oversee purchasing of materials, etc.
- Ability to mentor and guide the field teams to meet deadlines and face issues.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail-oriented, customer-focused, team player.