Our client is one of North America’s premier property development firms that create vibrant, exciting communities, superior quality, superb materials, exquisite finishes and fine craftmanship. They design and build with sustainability as they believe that is the heart of strong communities. They are looking for a Construction Safety Officer to join their team who wants to be rewarded and treated very well.
- Maintain and clean, well -organized and inventoried first aid trailer
- Track and follow up with WorkSafe BC claims, orders, etc.
- Compile corporate health and safety statistics and reports
- Perform light laboring and minor carpentry duties (ie guardrail maintenance)
- Perform site orientations
- Manage safety risk of trade contractors
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF, apps and databases
- Knowledge of safety legislation and WorkSafe BC regulations
- Certification as a Construction Safety Officer
- Level 3 First Aid or L2 with Transportation Endorsement and knowledge of Industrial First Aid
- Trade background
- Flagging ticket an asset
- Good understanding of safe work procedures and job hazard assessments
- Ability to write technical safety reports