Our client is a start-up company that has developed green technology to process chemical elements. They also hold deposits. They are looking for a Controller to join their leadership team. Ideal candidate will have experience as a Controller with a publicly listed company with operations in US and Canada. This is a full-time permanent role looking for an energetic leader who is willing and able to support this growing company. Very hands on.
The intention is for the Controller to progress into a Junior CFO role. Reporting to the CEO you will have input into the Company’s investments, capital structure and how the company manages its income and expenses. You will assist the CEO with forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and obtaining funding for various initiative. You will also work with other senior managers and will play a key role in the Companies overall success.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Establish and develop relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Provide recommendations on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the Company’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare and produce reliable current and forecasting reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (specifically US GAAP & IFRS)
- Oversee the Company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and Company’s policies
- Corporate governance
- Budget management, account records and cash flow management
- Maintain all accounting records including processing payroll
- Subject the relevant financial statements to yearly third-party audits and release the results of the audits to the public. Coordinate this process and ensure that the auditors have all the information they need to render an accurate judgment of the company’s financial statements.
- Stay apprised of all the local, provincial and federal tax laws and business regulations that affect the company and ensure that the company operates within the proper parameters.
- Proven experience in a publicly listed company as Controller. Ready for next step.
- CA, CPA is a strong advantage
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Proven experience with US GAAP, IFRS and S-1 Reporting Standards
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (Salesforce)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Excellent communication and people skills An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers