Our client is a CSC Listed oil and gas company with start-up business in clean technology. Energy solutions to power the future. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of professionals as they build and expand their company.
Looking for a Controller to develop their internal controls processes and procedures and full oversight of the management accounting for operations. Support the external CFO with filings. Ideal candidate will have experience in publicly traded company with corporate reporting and strength in management accounting. Growth potential to CFO.
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate regulatory filings related to Company finances in accordance with IFRS
- Manage annual year end audits with auditors.
- Day to day financial operations including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and oil & gas reporting.
- Design, implement and manage Company financial and management accounting systems
- Manage bank and treasury activities.
- Lead financial planning and analysis to support business decision making, including providing routine and ad hoc analysis to the Chairman, CEO and Board.
- Work with executive team on budgeting, long-term financial needs and monthly reporting / variance analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Company’s capital structure and balance sheet.
- Provide support and analysis for the CEO in ensuring the Company maintains access to the appropriate level of funding to support growth and changes in business strategy.
- Proactively provide financial insight and advice on potential transactions and opportunities, including risk and profitability analysis
- Provide advice and support for financial structuring and risk management
- Oversee the tax function, including filing of returns, regulatory reporting and tax planning strategies.
- Setup and maintain appropriate internal controls across the organization.
- Post-graduate or chartered qualifications such as CPA, CA.
- 5+ years post qualification with experience in industry.
- Experience with Publicly traded company
- Experienced leadership with companies having undergone various phases of change and growth.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience in budgeting, financial planning and modeling.
- Experience in oil and gas and / or clean energy or the technology sector is an asset.