Company Profile: Corporate Head office for growing transportation services company.
Job Profile: Reporting to the CFO, you will initially supervise a team of five accounting staff and transition to lead the full department of twelve. We are looking for a tech savvy leader to be part of the management team. Bring your experience developing a strong team, providing timely, accurate and relevant information to the leadership team, and utilizing current technology to seamlessly integrate data from multiple platforms to improve processes and enhance reporting. You are comfortable leading a team of 5 plus staff and able to identify and understand business needs from the nitty gritty to the big picture.
Your focus is the financial reporting and management of the team. As part of a succession planning process, there is strong growth potential for individuals with excellent leadership skills and business acumen.
- Prepare financial statements and analysis
- Compile and distribute monthly reporting package.
- Supervise AR, AP and supporting accounting staff
- Participate in monitoring invoicing and revenue processing
- Oversee accounting processes and systems
- Support system updates and potential implementation
- Excise and income tax returns and compliance
- Coordinate preparation of annual budgets
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to improve efficiency and maintain internal controls
- Assist in setting priorities for the department
- Lead the team, giving direction, career planning, evaluations, succession, hiring
- CPA designation completed and in good standing.
- Previous experience as a Controller leading a team.
- Experience with GP Dynamics would be desirable and confidence on systems.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience utilizing SQL queries desirable
- Strong attention to detail and capable of performing a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Flexible, comfortable with change and able to introduce non-routine assignments and tasks into your day will contribute to your success.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that will allow you to liaise effectively with other departments and be comfortable working with people at all levels in the company.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting financials to leadership and others within company.