Job Profile: Successful manufacturing company in Kamloops is looking for a qualified CPA to be the Controller for their plant operations. We are looking for previous experience in costing within manufacturing business. Strength in financial and management reporting, cash flow management, costing and leading a small team.
- Reports monthly Operating Results, Financial Position and Cash Flow.
- Participates in Annual Financial Budgeting and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Ensures compliance and reporting for all monthly, quarterly and annual tax requirements for income, property, sales/use and payroll taxes including completing sales, use, payroll tax, and other regulatory reports, and making tax deposits as required.
- Ensures compliance with all Government Reporting requirements.
- Direct liaison with both Internal and External Auditors including responsibility for provision of all audit documentation requested and audit commitments.
- Must work closely and proactively with sales and operations to streamline processes and systems and provide regular financial direction.
- Provide key performance metrics.
- Oversees weekly and daily cash forecasting.
- Oversees Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash recording, Monthly account reconciliations and Payroll.
- CPA designation
- 5 to 7 years in supervisory position within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in cost accounting
- Strong communication skills and computer skills.
- Must be able to offer strong financial analysis skills and the ability to solve problems
- Self-starter, team player, able to work without close supervision.
- Previous experience in financial systems.
- Skilled/experienced in accounting theory