Our client is a successful manufacturing company in Kelowna, and they are looking for a Controller to join their team. The current Controller is moving into a new role and hence their need. They are selling the equipment that they design and manufacture worldwide and would ideally like someone who has worked with a global manufacturing business.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Oversee month-end and year-end close processes
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including international tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Work experience as an Audit Manager or Financial Controller.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE)
- At least seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation.
- Experience in a manufacturing company is required.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Experience with ERP software and ADP payroll software.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and internet applications.
- An ability to analyze and independently act on large data sets, graphs and charts.
- Excellent communication, technology, analytical and management skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to act with little or no input from others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment while maintaining commitments to completion of tasks with deadlines or where others rely on your results and maintaining a high quality of work.
- Must have Canadian citizenship or a Canadian work visa.