Our client is an equal opportunity employer. They are creative in the support and resources they provide to a wide range of individuals in Vancouver. Highly focused on community and empowering people.
The Controller ensures that the necessary organizational accounting, budgeting, business and auditing systems and procedures are in place and functioning properly. The Controller is responsible for producing and distributing accurate and timely financial information such as monthly profit/loss and balance sheet statement, and to be a primary resource the organization on accounting and financial accounting analysis and general entries to understand operations.
Strong leadership, systems strength and detail-oriented individual is required to support financial guardianship program. Working with program managers to ensure services are delivered to meet both financial and client requirements.
- Financial reporting and analysis for organization and subsidiary programs
- Guiding and implementation of accounting business policies and procedures
- Supervise two accounting staff
- Ensure budgeting, business and auditing systems and procedures are in place
- Monthly profit and loss statements
- Balance sheet statements
- Focus on Guardianship program including all aspects of the financial operations and systems for the program.
- Ensure account procedures, transactions, reconciliations and internal audits are carried out and functioning properly
- CPA designation is required
- Supervisory level experience required. Preferred minimum 2 years
- 5 years’ experience in financial/accounting background
- Well-rounded background of experience including not-for-profit is preferred
- Other areas of interest retail banking, pension, or personal finance operations.
- Will consider Managers or Senior Accountants from public practice who have worked with non-profits and other financial organizations.
- Strength with systems, uploading data, ensuring efficiency with data entry in multiple systems
- Sage 300, Excel, Access and Crystal reporting would be a plus.
- Strong skills in collaboration and working with diverse finance and non-finance people.
- Customer service focus orientation to system and process design and management with proficiency at improving work methods and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong coaching and supervising skills.
- Ability to manage high workload levels and priorities to meet timelines and manage competing objectives
- Work respectfully and empathetically with marginalized and vulnerable populations.