Our client is an eCommerce business set up to support a group of well established companies with finance and digital technology solutions. Providing industry financing for a network of independently owned dealerships and digital sales and marketing of high-end products. A Multi-Channel business expanding to become an Omni-Channel business.
As Controller you will be supporting the growth and expansion of this multi-faceted company. You are a high energy, people centric and results oriented individual. Responsible for the direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. The Business Controller is also part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Day-to-day oversight of the Accounting function for ensuring that transactions are recorded accurately and completely.
- Leadership, hiring, coaching of the Finance team and retain skilled accounting staff.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions of company business divisions operating within Multi-Channel methods of successful distribution.
- Revenue Management: Lead daily, weekly, and monthly invoicing, revenue recognition, revenue forecasting, tracking customer agreements.
- Full-cycle Financial Reporting: Assist in the management of the monthly fiscal period end closes including journal entry review, balance sheet reconciliations, preparing consolidated reports, creating internal accounting treatment memos and variance analysis.
- Analysis of month end results and drafting of business segments P&Ls with commentary on business performance.
- Assisting in preparation of budgets, cash flow, and forecasts for review by company Leadership Team.
- Assisting in preparation of financial statement reports with margin analysis on business segments and providing feedback on potential costs savings and margin improvements.
- Oversee and manage the payroll & benefits function to ensure timely and accurate payroll to employees.
- Provide Leadership Team management with information vital to the decision-making process in the business. Maintains key performance indicators/dashboards (KPIs).
- Assist with preparation of annual Notice to Reader information and supporting documents.
- Provincial and Federal sales tax reporting.
- Financial Processes: Ensure the appropriate accounting and financial Controls are in place and operational. Contribute ideas for processes improvements to enhance efficiency and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Special Projects: Support management in special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting/analysis.
- Help business owners better understand their financial results.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Assist in facilitating the new business development activities: serve as a key liaison for new business prospects; present qualification of new prospects; develop proposals for new business; prepare cash flow and pricing analysis.
- Participate in the financial, operational, and new business development decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the Company’s corporate goals.
- Lead financial modelling of Company’s business plan and new business opportunities.
Client Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary client relationship manager, ensuring client satisfaction and long-term engagements.
- Work closely with the Association Executives, take a proactive approach in negotiating and renewing client agreements/or contracts.
- Develop monthly financial reports for company Leadership Team and its clients.
Team Leadership, Management and Mentorship:
- Provide leadership, mentorship and inspiring motivation to all functional groups and facilitate ‘one-team’ cohesion on cross-functional initiatives and projects. Identify and remove any roadblocks and proactively address any foreseeable issues.
- Demonstrate and encourage, by action, the building of and adherence to the established cultural values. Foster an environment of collaboration, inclusivity and quality assurance through management practices, communications and demonstrated emotional intelligence behaviors.
- CPA designation.
- Proven work experience as Financial Controller (or similar position).
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of full cycle accounting in a high-volume environment.
- Solid understanding of accrual accounting principles, tax, and GAAP.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably Syspro.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (Both verbal and written) with the ability to build relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills with advanced Excel is very important.
- Project management and process management expertise.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to listen and learn what customer needs are or how you can make things better by delivering solutions.
- Ability to mentor and supports others in the Finance Team.
- Fast-learner, capable to work in fast-paced environment.
- Passionate – You strive for excellence in everything you do, you get excited by your work and you have fun while doing it.